MY Recommendations for Speeding up ListGO Please Add Yours.

Listing & Directory WordPress Theme
https://listgo.wiloke.com/
Premchand

Re: MY Recommendations for Speeding up ListGO Please Add Yours.

Postby Premchand » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:35 pm Supported Until: Mon Aug 13 23:40:45 +1000 2018

@MMM Hey buddy thanks for your tips. Will try this tomorrow. :) And what kind of issues you're having when using cloudflare? I'm actually using Cloudflare and its works fine for me. I bought a license of Wp Rocket cache plugin. I haven't done any tests yet, was busying importing listings from my old directory. And yes, WP Fastest Cache is the best free plugin out there. :)

MMM

Postby MMM » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:32 pm Supported Until: Fri Apr 13 07:38:48 +1000 2018

@Premchand Thanks. My intermittent problem was listing image display would occasionally hang the images taking an extended period to load. So thought I would deactivated all non ListGo Plugins inc minify and cache still had the issue. Purged all Cloudfare cache and last resort deactivated Cloudfare but DNS is still controlled by Cloudfare and had issues with the shared SSL cert which stopped access to my website so switched my DNS back to its origin host and away from CloudFare and it fixed the issue? I have been checking non stop and cant replicate the issue with all my minification and cache plugins re-activated. Glad to hear you are having more success than me anyway with Cloudfare.

MaX

Postby MaX » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:45 am Supported Until: Wed Aug 08 09:30:25 +1000 2018

MMM WroteColonMy testing from Pingdom as attached https://www.dropbox.com/s/j72rfuh1k2jn9 ... m.jpg?dl=0 gives results from 3 locations. minification handling to WP Speed of Light.

Hey MMM,

thanks for your tip with minification handling to WP Speed of Light.
as cache I use cometcache pro, no cloudfare.

if i mean and compare your sites to gmetrix, we have a loading time of 10-12sec.

https://gtmetrix.com/compare/E5UmeaNG/ILAD2RxD

my site under Pingdom
You're gonna agree with me that's not acceptable.

the load time must be in the range of 3-5 sec.

But how?

regards

max

MMM

Postby MMM » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:32 am Supported Until: Fri Apr 13 07:38:48 +1000 2018

Hi Max, Great result with Comet Cache I also have the PRO version used on another site so tested on ListGO and works really well!

You asked "gmetrix, we have a loading time of 10-12sec"... "agree with me that's not acceptable." Yes I do agree! but...
Ok the GTmetrix result, I will try and explain. GTmetrix... is testing from Canada. If you could drive your cruiser from Portugal to Canada how long would that take? days maybe a week? But if you where in the U.S a lot closer to Canada this would cut your distance and travel time then would be far less. Internet works the same way so when you are testing from one side of the globe to the other it takes time for DNS relay and connections to travel. So the only way you can improve is by getting hosting closer to your market or paying for whats called GEO load balancing which then holds your website at several global locations so it can be accessed much faster. GEO load balancing is available from Cloudfare, AWS & Azure etc. Unfortunately for us mere mortals it costs $$$ so we try and do the best we can within our budget.

That's my limited knowledge anyway maybe smarter people here can give better alternatives?

MaX

Postby MaX » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:45 pm Supported Until: Wed Aug 08 09:30:25 +1000 2018

MMM WroteColon
You asked "gmetrix, we have a loading time of 10-12sec"... "agree with me that's not acceptable." Yes I do agree! but...
Ok the GTmetrix result, I will try and explain. GTmetrix... is testing from Canada. ?

Hello MMM,

Yeah, I know that.

But why pingdom only 24 request and gmetrix 60 request .
Then it's clear that pingom is faster, it doesn't load everything.

my vps is in nederland and pingdom test Schweden..

i think it's too much js needed for all the functions of listpro.
visualcomposer doesn't make the page even faster

regards max

Max

MMM

Postby MMM » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:35 pm Supported Until: Fri Apr 13 07:38:48 +1000 2018

MaX WroteColon
MMM WroteColon
Ok the GTmetrix result, I will try and explain. GTmetrix... is testing from Canada. ?

Hello MMM,

Yeah, I know that.

But why pingdom only 24 request and gmetrix 60 request .
Then it's clear that pingom is faster, it doesn't load everything.

my vps is in nederland and pingdom test Schweden..

i think it's too much js needed for all the functions of listpro.
visualcomposer doesn't make the page even faster

regards max Max

I owe you a big thank you Max when you mentioned CometCache I had a Pro version I wasn't using so thought I would try it and to my surprise it gave amazing results so have switch over to CometCache Pro.

Sorry I did not know how experienced you are so was trying to give a distance relationship but with reply to your comment about the requests stat of 24 this is amazingly low I have 91 but if you want to compare another Directory theme built similar to ListGO see the attached image. I was using ListingPro another new directory theme on ThemeForest notice the request made on this theme are in excess of 330 for the home page which is basically the same as my ListGo front page.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyxy0dfsqddgd ... e.jpg?dl=0

Anyway thank you again I don't know what to make of the Pingdom Test as 654ms is a little hard to believe but it is faster than any of the other methods I have used so will stick with CometCache for now.

MaX

Postby MaX » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:51 am Supported Until: Wed Aug 08 09:30:25 +1000 2018

Glad I could help you with the info about Cometcache pro.
Maybe pingdom is still able to load the page although we didn't know that we want to visit it yet. -500sec load time :-)
Do you also use the minify and compress from cometcache?

Sunny greetings from portugal

Max

MMM

Postby MMM » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:56 am Supported Until: Fri Apr 13 07:38:48 +1000 2018

@Max, still a work in progress, CometCache PRO has some issue as it slows the website elsewhere ...for me anyway. Great scores that's why you get 21 requests as it places some of the non essential elements in the footer but this can cause problems. So I guess you have to decide if its a Placebo with 600ms load it seems unbelievable and maybe it is, I mentioned before scores don't necessarily relate to actual real world usable website speed.

satriyo

Postby satriyo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:42 pm Supported Until: Sun Apr 01 19:55:07 +1000 2018

its been a very interesting discussion here. Everyone that care for site performance must look at this thread as a good reference (not necessary to copy all method) since different server setting & configuration (dedicated, VPS , hosting) or geographical and visitor segment will always be different.

so finally, I am embarking back to WP fastest cache after a while embrace w3Total Cache (which I think very good product too and provide more customization), however since Cloudflare in my case is mandatory after a week of testing I decide to have final decision on using WP Fastest Cache (though option from max and MMM for cometcache is very intriguing ).

However I have another list on performance tool for caching, namely Varnish, an open source caching engine (reverse caching). is there any listgo customer using it ? it is a server site caching engine which only applied to either VPS or Dedicated server configuration. I read a lot about varnish and tried to implement but still got no luck for best configuration for listGo.

satriyo

Postby satriyo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:50 pm Supported Until: Sun Apr 01 19:55:07 +1000 2018

MMM WroteColon@Premchand Thanks. My intermittent problem was listing image display would occasionally hang the images taking an extended period to load. So thought I would deactivated all non ListGo Plugins inc minify and cache still had the issue. Purged all Cloudfare cache and last resort deactivated Cloudfare but DNS is still controlled by Cloudfare and had issues with the shared SSL cert which stopped access to my website so switched my DNS back to its origin host and away from CloudFare and it fixed the issue? I have been checking non stop and cant replicate the issue with all my minification and cache plugins re-activated. Glad to hear you are having more success than me anyway with Cloudfare.

Hi MMM
just curious question here, why to you prefer flexible SSL ? since I look up at your website and the SSL certificate is using LetsEncrypt thus I believe in almost every case you can do full SSL implementation with cloudflare ? I also have problem with clouflare using flexible SSL but then no issue when migrate to full SSL (which then I must deploy Simple SSL plugin for WP to convert all asset to be https available).

Return to “ListGo”