Featured listings

Listing & Directory WordPress Theme
https://listgo.wiloke.com/
xtreme416

Featured listings

Postby xtreme416 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:13 am Supported Until: Sun Aug 12 09:19:58 +1000 2018

Hi,

I'm wondering how the "featured" listings are handled in the theme.

1) When members pay for a package promising featured listing, they expect to appear in a prominent spot on the homepage. I looked at the Listgo shortcodes, I don't see one that can be filtered by "featured" flag. How do we create a section showing only featured listings?

2) For category list pages, the featured listing should show up on top. That's the reason someone would pay for a featured listing package. How do we do that?

I'm looking at this page for example:
https://listgo.wiloke.com/listing-cat/movie-theater/

The one featured listing is the last one on the page.

The featured listings should be at the top of the page, and ideally should be randomized to give them equal exposure to keep paying customers happy. :)

pirateS
Site Admin

Re: Featured listings

Postby pirateS » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:26 am

Hi,
We already have planned for it. Please wait for the next version.

xtreme416

Postby xtreme416 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:00 pm Supported Until: Sun Aug 12 09:19:58 +1000 2018

Yes! Thanks for adding the feature so fast!

2 questions

1) In the design tool, if I select Get Listing By as "Listing Category" then I have the option to select "Order by" and one of the options is Random. But when the Get Listing By is "Featured Listings" then the Order By flag is gone. We should be able to indicate the order of the listing. At the very least we need to select Random, to give all paying customers an opportunity to be visible in the featured listings.

2) For Category Listing page, are we able to change the order of the listings? I would like to show Featured listings at top.

pirateS
Site Admin

Postby pirateS » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi,
1. You can use Custom IDs to specify Listing IDs. The feature listings will order by the Post date.
2. I will consider that.
Thanks

xtreme416

Postby xtreme416 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:20 pm Supported Until: Sun Aug 12 09:19:58 +1000 2018

Hi,

For point (1): if we hardcode the Custom IDs in the listing, then we have to always update that setting as new customers purchase "featured" listing package. This is hard to maintain. You already have "Order by" for other Get Listing By options. I'm hoping you can include the Order By for Featured listings as well.

Ability to show random Featured Listings and showing Featured Listings at the top of Category pages is a HUGE PLUS in order to monetize the site.

thanks.

Return to “ListGo”