Images on Portfolio Pages Show Up... Sometimes

pirateS
Site Admin

Re: Images on Portfolio Pages Show Up... Sometimes

Postby pirateS » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi,
Please update the latest version via Wiloke Service.
Thanks

xanderdavis

Postby xanderdavis » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:09 pm

I'd like to, but it won't let me.

Just like this separate bug:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=987

It won't allow me to update. The new version showed up earlier, but before I could update the theme, now it's no longer available. I couldn't update it.

When I view the Theme details it says the latest version is 1.1.1. When I go to Dashboard > Updates and check again, it says all themes are up to date.

Also, is it normal that when you go to Wiloke Service it says "Just one last step to activate Wiloke Service" even though I've already created a key and pasted it in and hit submit? It looks like it hasn't accepted the key, even though I've hit Submit. It's always been like this since I first started using the theme weeks ago.

Is there a way I can manually install 1.1.3?

xanderdavis

Postby xanderdavis » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:39 pm

It randomly showed up again so I was able to update it. I checked under Themes > Theme Details and it is verified to be 1.1.3 now.

However, this did not fix the issue. The same behavior with the images in the portfolio failing to load is still happening...

Please resolve this issue within the next 48 hours or less...

xanderdavis

Postby xanderdavis » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:44 pm

In fact, I think you've made it WORSE now. Before, the second and third pages would occasionally load the images once you'd progress to them linearly with the Next button at the bottom. Now they *never* load until you use the Back button...

xanderdavis

Postby xanderdavis » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:45 pm

I'm going to have to dump this theme if you can't get this fixed by Monday...

xanderdavis

Postby xanderdavis » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:20 am

I may have solved this... you have to use the Live Editor to place images. You can't just add images like you'd normally do on a WordPress page. There are probably specific classes that the loader requires. I can't believe I debugged this before you did, since it's your theme that you coded and I did not (especially since I literally showed you my image embed code), but there we go. This bug apparently does not affect the first portfolio page, which added to the confusion.

Going to keep testing this to make sure, but so far so good.

xanderdavis

Postby xanderdavis » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:51 am

Okay, yes, I think this solved it. I usually clear out the class when an image is added by WordPress from the Media Library, as it's usually just junk not used by themes.

Well, it's definitely used by this one. It's probably the part where it says in the class (for example) "wp-image-1675" (or whatever number the image is from the Media Library's database). This is probably what the preloader is pulling from, whether AJAX is enabled or not.

Anyway I'm glad it's solved, because it saved the whole theme for me. I'm very glad about that, because apart from this excruciating frustration on a basic thing (displaying images), the theme is fantastic. So there we go. :P

Cheers

pirateS
Site Admin

Postby pirateS » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:37 am

;)

Return to “OZ”