[Question] Wiloke Poll translation

Voetzoekers

[Question] Wiloke Poll translation

Postby Voetzoekers » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:39 am Supported Until: Sun Apr 29 18:39:52 +1000 2018

Is there an easy way to translate the buttons used with the Wiloke Poll?

For now I have edited the Wiloke-poll plugin, but that means if there is going to be another update my translation that I have added there will be lost. Can I add those somehow to my child-theme? I have searched for the words with the 'Loco Translate' method but they are not present there.

For those that are interested in doing the same:

1) Go to 'Plugins'
2) Click on 'Edit' at 'Wiloke Polls'
3) Search for:

CodeColon Select All Code

<input type="hidden" class="wiloke-polling-voted" />
            <button class="wiloke-polling-vote btn btn--4" data-postid="<?php echo esc_attr($atts['id']); ?>" data-nonce="<?php echo wp_create_nonce('wiloke_vote_nonce'); ?>" data-progressing="<?php esc_html_e('Processing', 'wiloke'); ?>"><?php esc_html_e('Vote', 'wiloke'); ?></button>
            <button class="wiloke-polling-results btn btn--5" data-nonce="<?php echo wp_create_nonce('wiloke_result_nonce'); ?>"><?php esc_html_e('See results', 'wiloke'); ?></button>
            <button class="wiloke-polling-back btn btn--5 hidden"><?php esc_html_e('Back', 'wiloke'); ?></button>

4) Edit: 1) Vote 2) See results 3) Back

Any help would be appreciated!

Voetzoekers

Re: [Question] Wiloke Poll translation

Postby Voetzoekers » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:52 am Supported Until: Sun Apr 29 18:39:52 +1000 2018

Anyone else had any luck translating the left over pieces that cannot be translated by LocoTranslate?

@pirateS: any suggestions or feedback?

pirateS
Site Admin

Postby pirateS » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi,
Please try this way viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2578

Voetzoekers

Postby Voetzoekers » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:20 am Supported Until: Sun Apr 29 18:39:52 +1000 2018

Ahoy pirateS,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a go tomorrow.

Here's the info from the thread suggested by pirateS:

pirateS WroteColonDear folks,
If you want to translate the default text to your language, We recommend using Loco translate, but If you want to REWRITE the default text, thank @ Premchand was found a great plugin:

1) Install and activate "Say What" plugin
2) wp-admin => Tools => Text Changes
3) => Original string - "Sorry --- We couldn't find what you are looking for. You should try: Searching a different area, A more general search (Paris, Shopping, etc), Checking your spelling."
=> Text Domain - "listgo"
=> Text context - <leave this blank>
=> Replacement string - "Your desired message" - example: "Currently, there are no listings on this page, please check back later."

For those wanting more information on how to use the plugin ' Say What' have a look at this page: https://plugins.leewillis.co.uk/doc_post/adding-string-replacement/

Return to “Hermes”