Beverly Theme Issues

boulevardbrowser

Beverly Theme Issues

Postby boulevardbrowser » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:17 am Supported Until: Thu Jul 07 16:42:35 +1000 2016 | Expired

Hello,

Request you to provide resolution for the below issues. These are some specific problem / issues with theme or my coding.

1) Feature bar – Can it have circular loop and not the current way of auto slide till end and then reversing to start?

2) All my posts are going in feature bar / slide but not on home page like in demo - corrected. Problem with my coding. Posts are appearing correctly. point closed

3) Font color of menu items – can there be customization option through drop down menu or otherwise through appearance - customise route? Currently it is possible only through coding i think

4) Can the placement of photos to be used in a post be made more easy? Currently it is not good if you have to place more than one photo. If uploading through word doc can be done it will be simply amazing. You can check http://www.boulevardbrowser.com for how two photos are appearing in a post / article. I will like to have some space between them

5) W3c validator shows some errors. Are they related to theme coding? Can you help in removing them?

6) Instagram feed - currently number of photos is fixed (defined by customization) and incase of a larg number, multiple rows are created. Can we have scroll bar to explore full feed? or auto slide for all posts in instagram account like in feature bar so that only one or two rows are occupied by Instagram?

7) I have translator on my website. Currently it is on sidebar. But I will like to have it on top of menu, where it is easily visible. How can I do it?

Thanks

pirateS
Site Admin

Re: Beverly Theme Issues

Postby pirateS » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi
1. Sorry, Do you mean that You want to disable auto loop?
2. Please go to Appearance->Customize->Featured Slider then unchecked Ignoring the featured posts from the Main Loop.
3. You can use Custom CSS, Please go to Appearance->Customize->Advanced Settings->Custom Code and put your code into Code CSS.
4. Unfortunately, It's required.
5. Please give me the page that you see errors, We will check that page and solve it.
6. Thanks for your feedback, We will update this functionality in next version.
7. We recommended that you should use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/
Thanks

boulevardbrowser

Postby boulevardbrowser » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:22 am Supported Until: Thu Jul 07 16:42:35 +1000 2016 | Expired

Thank you for the reponse. My comments for point 1 & 5:

1) Feature Bar - I will try to explain again. Assume there are five posts eg 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 marked for feature bar. On screen we can see three posts in a single view. With auto slider, below is the sequence of appearance of posts.

1 - 2 - 3
2 - 3 - 4
3 - 4 - 5
1 - 2 - 3 (repeat, as posts have finished)

What I desire is the below sequence:

1 - 2 - 3
2 - 3 - 4
3 - 4 - 5
4 - 5 - 1
5 - 1 - 2

Can this be done?

5) w3c Validator - Every page has errors. Can you share an email id where I can send you the links? For example purpose, i am sharing two links here:

a) http://www.boulevardbrowser.com
b) http://boulevardbrowser.com/category/india/chandigarh/

Thanks

pirateS
Site Admin

Postby pirateS » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:59 am

Hi
Featured Slider: Please go to Appearance->Customize->Featured Slider -> Settings then change number of posts to 5.
My email: piratesmorefun@gmail.com
Thanks

boulevardbrowser

Postby boulevardbrowser » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:35 am Supported Until: Thu Jul 07 16:42:35 +1000 2016 | Expired

thanks for the email ID. I will mail you the links which are showing errors.

For the featured slider, I am aware of the settings. What i want is that when the last post is shown in the featured slider, after that it reverse to the first slide. There is a quick rewind of posts, and it starts from the beginning. I do not want that. I want a circular loop so the rewinding does not takes place. Please go to my site - www.boulevardbrowser.com and see the featured slider. See how after reaching the last post, it rewinds and starts again. I want the loop to extend after last post.

There are three more things which I want:

1) In featured slider, picture should also be a hyper-linked so that if viewer clicks on the picture, article / page should open. Currently viewer has to click on the heading to open the article / page.

2) Pictures which are included in the article become very small after posting. They should be atleast double of current size.

3) How can spacing be given between two pictures in an article / page? Currently they are stacked up next to each other For example. http://boulevardbrowser.com/traveldesti ... /amritsar/

pirateS
Site Admin

Postby pirateS » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:36 pm

Hi there!
At the time, It hasn't supported this functionality. But I found that it has a beta version http://smashingboxes.github.io/OwlCarousel2/
Please give me your FTP account I will try to help you.
About three feedbacks of you:
1. We will consider it in next version.
2. Please attempt to click on that image, a popup will appear like this Image . Change the size to full.
4. Please use [SPACEBAR] of keyboard

boulevardbrowser

Postby boulevardbrowser » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:25 am Supported Until: Thu Jul 07 16:42:35 +1000 2016 | Expired

thank you for guiding me.

for point 2) will it be possible to manually change the size of photo by dragging? Or can you allow the user to define the size of picture? If picture becomes too big (large), then it affects the formatting / look & feel of the page.

for point 3) Sadly spacebar does not works. While editing the article, spacebar works. But after publishing / posting, there is no space, photos are next to each other.

To change the color of words in menu items eg. traveldestinations or blog or gallery or contact or about me, you had recommended to change it through css code. Is there anyother way to change it?

pirateS
Site Admin

Postby pirateS » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:34 am

Hi
2. It allows you be able to change to the default sizes or custom size.
3. I will check it
4. You should use Custom CSS code, Please read this tutorial to know more http://blog.wiloke.com/simple-custom-css/
Thanks

Return to “Beverly”