Questions: Map, Header Image, 'You Might Also Like', Loading Speed

francktravels

Questions: Map, Header Image, 'You Might Also Like', Loading Speed

Postby francktravels » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:55 pm Supported Until: Sun Apr 22 06:06:00 +1000 2018

Hello,

I have a few questions with YourJourney, outlined below. For reference, my website is http://www.francktravels.com.

1) Map page function
All my previous posts have had no issues loading onto the map page (choosing a location, purging the cache, etc), but my new posts are unable to do so. When I am editing the post all I see is a grey box instead of the navigatable map that I used to see when picking a spot on Google Maps.
2) Height of header image at top of page
This takes up most of my screen, is it possible for me to edit the height of the image across the top?

3) Remove the title of the post
This is already in the head image so I don't need this duplicated.

4) Pictures with 'You Might Also Like'
Is it possible to add a small version of the featured image in the 'You Might Also Like' at the bottom of the page?

5) Speed of loading
Some of my pages take absolutely ages to load, up to a few minutes. The following post is a good example of one which is particularly affected, can you suggest why this might be and how to speed it up? http://www.francktravels.com/dromoland-castle/

Appreciate there's a lot here, am happy to give you access if necessary.

pirateS
Site Admin

Re: Questions: Map, Header Image, 'You Might Also Like', Loading Speed

Postby pirateS » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:54 am

Hi,
1. Map Issue
From the admin sidebar, click on Appearance -> Theme Options -> Customize -> General -> Map API key (This is required by Google now)
2. You can modify the height of header by using Custom CSS: Appearance -> Customize -> Header -> Put the below code into Custom CSS

CodeColon Select All Code

.blog-heading{
height: 100px !important;
}

3. Still in Header settings, put the below code into Custom CSS

CodeColon Select All Code

.single .post-title{
display: none !important;
}

4. Unfortunately, You can't change it.
Thanks

Return to “Your Journey”